• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Friend -or-Foe Indentifier

Humvee1538

Did CUCVs every have the FFI panels installed in the sand box. I came across a set of three that came off a 5- ton and wondered if the CUCV ever had these in theater.
Thanks

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In my AO I never saw a cucv with them.
But that does not mean they all didn't.

You might try a internet search on the sandbox pics.
One might pop up that has them

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
CUCVs saw their final days of combat in Desert Storm. Someone might find a vehicle or two or three that were used as FOB whores but would need some compelling evidence of one going outside the wire after 9-11.

With that said, the panels were a development from friendly fire issues during Desert Storm. Since they weren't developed until after ODS, then that makes it significantly unlikely they were used with the CUCV in a combat environment.

Maybe someone at NTC had one......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks