• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Frodo 2 M796 Bolster Recovery, Done

nhdiesel

:idea:Lets see, 2 bolster trailers = 8 low profile tires. Frodo's gonna do a low-rider Deuce! :cookoo:

My father uses one of his bolsters as a log trailer. Welded on some uprights and they work great. One of the loads we did a couple weeks ago had 12.5 tons of trees on the trailer. Only went about a mile up the road, using an airport tug to pull it. Trailer handled it fine.

Jim

nhdiesel

Yea, the ratings are a joke. I'm more concerned with the tires, they are the weakest link. Toss on a set of dually 9.00-20s and you have a MAJOR trailer.

Jim

DesertDutchman

Sorry if this was already posted but...

Drop the tailgate, wrap a chain thru the trailer lunette and that chain to a tree on a grassy area. Pull forward slowly until the lunette is on the ground then drop the clutch on your truck and let the trailer fall the 4-5 feet to the ground.
THis is where a few old Deuce tires laid strategically would come in handy....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks