• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

From M-1010 to dump truck

dependable

Not a hot rod, but modified.

Here is one I recently finished. Has been a back burner project for several years after I bought a 1010 cab & chassis off GSA. Listing said,"may have transmission problems" haha, it was missing transmission and transfer case. Had to wait to retire a rusted out 1008 plow truck for a doner.

The truck already had a duel wheel conversion kit on back and a heavy duty spring pack and helpers. Also fresh rebuilt motor from Letterkenny. Bought an old stake body dump from a neighbor, it was kind of an odd size and sort of home made, but fit the duel wheel 1010 pretty well.

When the head gasket went on the 1028A2 stake body dump, i figured it was time to finish the 1010, which had been more or less ready to go except for paint for a few years.

First picture was how it arrived, second is how it looked right after bed added.

Attachments

tobyS

Dump trucks are real handy. Does it have a scissor or direct lift?

dependable

Thanks,

I'd call it a 2-3 yard bed. The wood box is because I sometimes use it with a chipper and a leaf vac loader. The sides are removable(note slots for pallet forks at top of metal part.) This will be handy when loading with the little mini track loader. I welded on stake pockets on back of metal side for the 2x4s.

It is a scissors lift. I think most of the smaller ones are for the last 20 years or so. My little dumps from the 70's and 80's were all direct lift.

Attachments

tobyS

I have a dump trailer (even longer bed than your truck) and it's direct lift. It struggles on startup but has dumped 8K# before. I'm bobbing an A3 deuce and using a M105 bed that I would like to make dump. Thanks for the additional photo's of it.

Nice work bringing it all together!