• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

From PA to Aberdeen in 2011

Akicita

Any MV owners interested in convoying to Aberdeen from Eastern PA ? I saw the official route through NJ and calculate it would double my mileage to Aberdeen and add bridge tolls and road tolls.

Suggested stops:
1) Montgomeryville Mall - Montgomery Twp, PA, where Rte 309 and 202 meet
2) Pier 1 Shopping Center - Norristown, PA, Route 309
3) Shopping Center along Rte 202 and Valley Forge Road, just a few miles W of King or Prussia, PA
4) Somewhere in West Chester, PA on Rte 202 (Rte 322)
5) Somewhere near Darlington Corners on PA 926
6) Somewhere near Sylmar in MD

paulfarber

I'm 40 miles N of Reading.. all the routes people seem to take don't follow the quickest route (through Lancaster, PA) for me :(

HAWKMAN

I go 209 to the N.E. ext of PA turnpike to 95 south.........pretty straight forward, but then again I'm not in an MV just my van....

CGarbee

We had a Serial Group in the East Coast Convoy a couple of years ago from PA. It was the Green Serial.
The routes posted are for the groups that have signed up already...
It would be great if we could resurect the Serial from PA.

Shoot me a PM and we can add it to the website...

For that matter, even if you don't, stop by my vendor location so that we can chat about next year...

Remember, we are chowing down on Friday night (traditional ECC meet, greet, and eat). Menu is Eastern NC BBQ and ribs.

Have a safe, smooth trip.

paulfarber

A good gathering point for folks more N or west of Philly is the junction of 222 and 283. Feeders in from Harrisburg and Reading.

Plus since most of it is not Interstate highway, you have much more to look at, places to stop and if there is a breakdown local towns. 95 is a fast highway, but other than service areas the exits are few and far between.

Akicita

I agree with Paul. I would be a traffic obstacle on any interstate going 45 in my M35A2. On country roads, I'm less of a problem.

The route I proposed would work well for my buddy who lives north of me near Quakertown, for people from the greater Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton area, East Stroudsburg, Tamaqua, Hazleton, Wilkes-Barre, Scranton, Binghampton (NY) and points farther North.