• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

From the top or the bottom?

91W350

Today I changed the oil in the truck, installed the cargo cover, tightened up a few bolts, squirted in some grease and then checked the brake fluid. There lies my question.... I had always taken the vent line off of the cap from the top. Today I started that way, when I dropped the 3/8ths wrench, like I always seem to do, I tried removing the vent from the bottom. Oh! So much easier! It was still full, glad to see that. Screwed the cap back on and then slid back under and ran the vent almost tight with my fingers and thumb.

I had M-16 training today and after leaving the range, I took the boys out for a romp, the highlight of the day. Glen

Attachments

91W350

I should look into that! Where did you mount the reservoir? You feed through the vent line or use a different cap? Thanks, Glen

armytruck63

Hey 91W350, great photos as usual. Do you use any kind of hearing protection for your dogs while they are riding in the deuce? My dog would love to ride, but I am afraid to take her because of the noise. I have the quieter D turbo, but still...

91W350

I just leave the window on the right side rolled up and try to stay below 1800 rpm, today I left the window down and they seemed fine with it. Mine has the D turbo as well. I wanted a C, but maybe this is not so bad..... Glen

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've always preferred to be on the top, but I'm open to your suggestion.....

Looks like some fine weather for you and the boys to take a drive!

Rick

nnero

Driving a deuce would be so much easier if it were that flat here. Nice dogs, they look like they had fun. Our dog is old...and blind, so he doesnt do anything but sleep. He would have loved the deuce in his younger days. Truck looks good too.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glen that cargo cover was almost like finding treasure when we found it in the bed and its looks really nice on the truck to! Darned nice truck you have there!!!
KK

91W350

It sure was and it only has a small tear around that cracked bow, I am guessing they snagged it removing it. I think it will be easy enough to fix, I have plenty of material from my 105 purchases. Thanks again for all of your assistance. Knowledge is a wonderful treasure to have along on a trip like that! The boys and I are sure enjoying the big cruiser! Glen

91W350

Some of your responses did not make any sense, I could not figure out how you used a small crescent for instance as I can barely get a 3/8s stubby on my vent line. Then I saw some M35A2 master cylinders on Ebay. Mine has a 90 degree elbow on the cap, it would be so much easier if it had the regular fitting in the cap, I will be making a new line and obtaining the correct fitting. I thought you guys were pretty cavalier about how easy it was to remove that vent line, on my truck it is a royal PITA. Glen

Attachments

armytruck63

91W350, my set up is just like yours. I just grab a 7/16" wrench (for the floor cover), a 3/8" wrench for the vent line, and a 3/4" wrench for the cap. The job can be a PITA, especially threading the vent line back onto the cap when you're done.

I will try your from the bottom method.

91W350

Mine has a large Phillips head screw on the cover, I normally just screw it in finger tight. I agree, that line can be a bear to get started. At least from below I have some finger and thumb leverage. Glad I am not the Lone Ranger on this one...