• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

From Zero to 2 MEPs and 2 Trailers and One EUC

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It will work, just takes some time. It takes plenty of time with the junker gas stations ones that cost money.

storeman

All EUCs in

Well. off to make the pick ups! More good news....the EUC on the SC MEP 003a on trailer came through yesterday, so I will be headed south on Monday. Busy next few days!

LuckyDog

Thanks Lucky Dog,

I am assuming 1/2" bolts will work. Do you remember the size?

Jerry
:smile:

Storeman,
Sorry I didn't reply before you left, but for anyone else looking at this thread.....

The holes in the MEP SKID are 9/16" per the manual, IIRC.
The holes drilled in my trailer were 7/16". One pair of holes went thru the thick part of the cross member of the bed, but at an angle. I could only get a 3/8" bolt all the way through. The other pair of holes I was able to screw 7/16" bolts through and bolt down the skid.

So.. two 3/8" x 3.5" long, two 7/16" x 2" or 2.5" long (can't recall), nuts AND washers

I spent about an hour at TSC running in and out til I got it right. Glad they were patient with me.

storeman

Am at Aberdeen Proving Ground Army lodging for the night. All went well at Ft. Meade GL. the trrailer even still had the crank handle in place for the tongue jack!

Met SS Member "USMC80" there who was also picking up a trailer. Very nice young man who helped me test out the tail light conversion. he showed me a diagram which i recognized as having come from SS. BTW: discovered that the rule of green to the right hand tail light doesn't work with my chevy pickup. Don't know if it is the factory wiring or the standard 7 pin cable I bought from Northern Tool.

I'll post what worked when I get home. I do know it was red to the left turn signal. Trailer tires each had about 20# of air in them so I left them as is. was able to check out wheel bearings while the fork lift was moving the trailer out of its stored location so i didn't even have to jack it up.

On to Newcastle to load and bolt in the generator in the morning. Sadly, it looks like snow for the return trip. hopefully i'll get home before too much accumulates.

jerry

storeman

Am home safe!

Generator pick up went well. rougher condition than i hoped for with "10" hours but was as shown in the auction pics. we'll see what it takes to get it going in the spring. holes in the trailer didn't match so i drilled one new one and carried it home on 2 bolts mounted sideways over the axle to keep weight even. snow and ice from baltimore home but that trailer pulled like a dream and the surge brakes kept me lined up. i'll post more about wiring when my teeth quit chattering and i get to look at it. pics also.

jerry :beer:

storeman

Eric,
will post some pics when all is home. we will be headed to FL in 2 weeks so, unless it really warms up, these will sit until we return in mid-April.
jerry

Last edited: