• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front axle boots

connectingbar

I recieved my new boots from saturn Wed and I decided to install them today. These boots are sewn and riveted at the zipper. The drivers side went smooth but when I went to the other side, I noticed a small tear on the lap that covers the zipper ( no big deal) but when I zippered it up, one tooth fell off and it wont hold. Has anyone had trouble with these?

I will call saturn Monday to get a replacement ( I hope I can get it back together bu the 3rd for I need the truck in a parade the 4th

2Deuces wild

Stuff happens. Ask for 2nd day delivery you should have them by wed. There good at replacing bad stuff. Just silicon the be Jesus out of the zipper. This is the fun i had wed.
Both sides.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dislike zipper boots to a great degree. I refuse to install them even on other folks trucks. Sometimes the zippers are crap, sometimes they put a rivet right where the band clamp goes. I will NEVER buy or install a zipper boot again.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I dislike zipper boots to a great degree. I refuse to install them even on other folks trucks. Sometimes the zippers are crap, sometimes they put a rivet right where the band clamp goes. I will NEVER buy or install a zipper boot again.
And the Saturn ones have a lifespan measured in nanoseconds.

connectingbar

I would have cone to the one piece kind but I rebuilt the front end a month ago and I would hate to tear it all down again. I will have to live with these for a while I guess

connectingbar

I also want to add,

If anyone knows where I can get an arctic battery box ( in any shape) let me know. I need to relocate my batteries into the cab so I can install my engine coolant heater in the battery compartment.

Thanks

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you want the newest silicone boots, hold off your order until Monday. ODI will be adding them to the site sometime Monday. I have a pair and they are pretty nice. Haven't a clue on costs.