• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

front axle not engaged

1970amgeneral

Hey guys. I'm new here and I have some questions about my deuce. I can't get the front axle to engage. It has no air lines or electricals running to it just a driveshaft. I was told it was all time 6x6, but after a little hill climb today I noticed my front wheels were not pulling. Any help would be greatly appreciated.......thanks.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
You have a sprag transfer case, keep it adjusted and most of the time will work great, the -10 should have all the info in you need.

DID your rears spin, front will not engage if the rears are not starting to spin

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, no wires or air lines there, running to the front axle... it is the front output of the transfer case that gets engaged (or not).

Start by crawling under your truck and looking up at the front of your TC.
Then tell us which model you have. (only 2 options; below........)

G.

Attachments

1970amgeneral

transfer case #'s

the numbers on the front of my transfer case are 4875-x-284. i beleive it is a sprag. the only other cable coming off of it looks to be the speedo cable.

Barrman

As suggested above, read the -10 manual for the truck. The manuals are available under the "resource" tab at the top of this page.

Welcome to the site, doing a search of M35 sprag threads will tell you more than you can imagine about them.

Welcome to the fun by the way.