• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front Axle Shaft Dirt and Oil Slinger

nattieleather

Hello all,
I'm looking for the part number for the above mentioned outer axle shaft seal. This is pressed onto the shaft and seals up against the steering knuckle. I buggered mine all to heck and need a replacement. Anyone have a part number or where to get them? Thanks.

nattieleather

Just a follow up. Yes that is the correct part number for the slinger. Thank you @gringeltaube for providing that. Now it seems that this is the unicorn of mid to late 70's Dodge parts. I've checked all the auto part chains and I've checked Napa...my local Napa is useless they can't find a prat for anything older than 1985 and even then that's a stretch for them. I've crawled the web and even folks that say they have the part don't have any in stock.

The manual says to replace the part when servicing or replacing the bearings and even shows installing a new slinger with the correct tool, but it seems that nobody has this part. I've been able to carefully hammer mine back into shape that I can use it, but would still love to replace it.

If anyone knows of a supplier that has it or even if the part was reused and given a new part number on a newer axle please let me know so that I can get a new one.

Thanks all.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Isn’t that part of the wheel bearing comprehensive kit? I think those kits are floating around still.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks