• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front Axle swap (Claw and Ball to UJoint)

Dasgog

Hello

I was going to begin tearing down, for the first time, my axle/hub/wheel cylinder and everything in between and was wondering what my options were if I have a claw and ball axle.. I’ve heard the UJoint style is stronger? Does it matter? Are the seal and retainer the same style for both?
I will say I drive it once a week and really not too crazy like but that may change.
Just wanted to get a census of the situation.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you do have CV / ball and claw myself I would not fret it a bit and run them. The only thing I might see is if your boots let lots of dirt into them it would require going in and cleaning / repacking. Keep you boots in good shape and have fun.

#1Empty box to throw grease rags in #2 a box of clean rags #3 a bucket of soapy water to keep washing your hands in .