• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

front battery not charging

chris0205

i have a 86 m1009 i have replaced the passenger alt twice ,checked all of my groungs have also checked all of the fuseble links i can find ,but still cant get no output out of the alt.is there anything under the dash that can be causing this.or what else can be my problem.i have tried looking at other post but cant find much.

chris0205

driver side alt not working

I have a 86 m1009 front battery Wont charge I have replaced the alt twice,checked all of my grounds,fuseable links,fuses and can find the problem. Need to know what else can be checked. Loseing my mind trying to think about need help

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't know why this thread was overlooked.

Have you downloaded the free technical manuals? They have troubleshooting sections and detailed wiring diagrams.

The fuse for the heater fan also controls the excitor circuit for the GEN1 alternator.

In a stock system, the front battery is controlled by the driverside alternator (GEN1) and the rear battery is controlled by the passenger alternator (GEN2)

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No need to double post a question (also it against the website rules)

Your post will get a better response in the CUCV forum. I posted some things to check in your other thread.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Battery.

Do not cross-post.