• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front Brake drum on 5 ton

Capt Ron

Front Brake drum on 5 tonh

I need some help with my M817 and am embarrased to ask but here it goes. I have to replace the front wheel brake cylinder and can not get the hub off.

Do I have to take the whole axle out? Seems like the hub should just come off as it turns freely.

Any ideas?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
dont beleive you have to take the hub off, the drum bolts to the hub
in the -20 tm 9-4 covers this, looks like if you ONLY went to pull the drum , you can

Last edited:

jwaller

you can break the hub loose once it's unbolted by putting a jack under it and putting some pressure on it while hitting it with your choice of large hammers.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
you can break the hub loose once it's unbolted by putting a jack under it and putting some pressure on it while hitting it with your choice of large hammers.
Good tip, John. I did that on my 818 when replacing the wheel cylinder and it works.

Captain Ron, downloading the TM from the Resources section will be a big help! I live and die by the TM's on my big projects.