• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front bumper step kit for M35

alfa59

Hi Greetings from Belgium (Europe)
In the recent partlist for the M35A2, I saw a front bumper step kit. Anyone knows where to buy these?

Merry Christmas to all of you !

Chris (alfa 59)

m35a2cowner

step

If your not worried about having the "correct/stock" part I have seen front bumper steps made out of a piece of steel cable (guess you could use chain too) running through a piece of expanded metal stair tread up through two holes (one each end of piece of cable) in the bumper with a cable clamp on the top side. If your off-roading these steps won't get bent/mashed if you hit something.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When my m35a2c came from Uncle Sam it had bumper steps. I haven't measured them but they appear to be steps off of a tailgate.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I occassionally see them on ebay, I bought one of mine off ebay, paid about $20 for it. Found the other in a junkyard, paid about the same for it.

ida34

Most are the tailgate steps. The correct one is hinged and has a pin to hold it in place when using it. The cable styles I only saw on HEMTT for stepping up into the cab.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
My Step came off of a truck at TNJ Murry as I bought as many things as I could use when I went up last year for a PTO and shaft for the M52. It is like Candyland there and the guys are right as rain about prices and what you can get from them. I like the way they fold up and lock into that position with a pin it sure makes getting up on the truck easier for this fifty plus Soldier. I need to find one for the M 52 now.