• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

front drive shaft boot?

ok so I call this a front drive shaft boot but apparently the local parts stores call it something else. what would they call it? where can I find it? i ripped it during the front suspension repair and upgrade and i need to replace it.
20170309_121432.jpg

cucvrus

Disconnect the front U joint and remove the Oetiker clamp from the driveshaft and slide the splined yoke from the shaft. If it were me I would remove the entire from propeller shaft and get it up out of the dirt to work on it. Good Luck. As far as the boot goes. They are discontinued and I just do away with the boot and grease the splines once a year.

so there is no replacement for the boot? i mean, its somewhat of a universal part... a snapper lawn mower boot would work... lol I just didnt think i would need to go there...

cucvrus

I am not sure what others are using. I have been in this same conversation a year ago. Parts are available but costly. I did away with mine because of lack of replacements and the are water traps once a small one gets in them. Tinstar. I will let you finish the story.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
$10 on ebay

Last edited:

cucvrus

That only has 4 pleats. I guess that is why I was able to sell the ones I had at a premium. Someone wanted to be 100% accurate. The OEM ones have 7 pleats if anyone cares. Like I said apparently several people did care.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Snapper part might be the way to go.

CUCVRUS had a NOS one a year ago and I blinked and missed it.
Didnt want to pay what he wanted only to find out you can't find them.
Would buy it now in a second.

I called Spicer and they do not have anything that will fit.
Nothing crossed referenced, according to them, not me.

The one DH referenced will not work.
Each end a different size

So........
If you find one, get it. Don't hesitate and miss it like I did

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks