• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front driveshaft upon lifting

I asked the guys over at ORD about lifting the Blazers 4" and they sent this back about the front driveshaft.
"The front driveshaft has “stops” that limit the angle it can take, because at stock height they want the driveshaft to not be able to reach the ground in case a u-joint breaks. You can grind those out and then the front should work."

Has anyone had experience with this? Is it easy to grind?

86m1028

Yes, very easy to do.
They are the square ended pieces that stick out.
Pull your frt shaft & see what I mean.
Grind the ends off & check for clearance.
There you go.

sweetk30

that's a okish way to do it . but it also puts a lot of extra stress on the center piviot ball.

I ground mine to try it and its o.k. but not the best . and I didn't get that much more angle also .

acesneights1

You should not need to do this with a 4 inch lift. I have run 4 inch in many squarebodys both civvy and CUCV and never had an issue. In fact the front tends to sit a bit lower in diesel equipped trucks. My trucks have seen off road abuse and plowing as well.

You should not need to do this with a 4 inch lift. I have run 4 inch in many squarebodys both civvy and CUCV and never had an issue. In fact the front tends to sit a bit lower in diesel equipped trucks. My trucks have seen off road abuse and plowing as well.
I think you're right. I just came back inside from working on the truck and, at full droop with the new springs, the driveshaft turns smoothly with no binding.