• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front end shimmy ...shake?

autigers35a3

Front wheels have weights...
Tires are "new"... still have tits and stickers on them...
Air pressure @ 45 on each front tire..
Balance them how?
Truck tire shop?
Truck has CTIS on all wheels.. CTIS does not power up ..
Hurt to drive it till I can get the shake out?
Thanks...

Clay James

It's the nature of A3s. The CTIS shields cause the wheels to be unbalanced. Some guys put extra bolts on the other side to balance it.

KsM715

Will driving it with a shake hurt it?
That depends on how much shake there is. Alot and it will cup the tires pretty fast, or tear up sterring components.

I am a new owner of an A2 but have the A3 wheels w/o the CTIS though and I have the same problem. Is this common on these trucks?
Do you still have the weights and other related components from the CTIS on the wheel?

goodguyzy

air up to 50 psi and try to drive the flat spots out on a hot road. this will help but the only thing that will get you a nice smooth ride are new tires.

autigers35a3

Tires have weights on and all CTIS is also still on.
I drove it today in a Wounder Warriors ride...
About 60 miles...
At times she rode smooth ...at some times she had the shakes...
Different speeds etc.
Had a guy in another A3 today suggest rotating front tires to rear ...moving 2 from rear to front...
Will try the 50 psi in them ...
Thanks for all suggestions...

Prankster

Check for a out of round tire with a bump in it, or a bent rim. I would bet you have a bent rim. Have somebody follow you, and look at the wheel wobble.

PS. You might want to check to see if your Lug-Nuts are still tight.

Last edited: