• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

front leaf spring sizes? searched already

firecontrol86

ok this might be a noob question, but i did search on here and looked on a few different sites for replacement front springs. in the wiki it says the front springs are 3" wide X 56" long however, all i can find are 2 3/4" wide springs. i'm not going for a lift or anything for right now i just want replacement OEM springs as mine are definitely due to go bye bye. any suggestions?

Stihl029

Well I am going with you have a M1009 here. You can always contact a spring manufacturer snd have some made is one option. I am likely to go this route since I am going for a little more hieght while retaining the function. I am not into turning a 5/4 ton m1028 into a 1/2 ton from lifting it.

ultim8gamr

I had a M1008 so i cant give the specifics for the 09 but i'm almost positive that if you find springs for a K5 blazer with a 6.2L diesel you will be set. frames and axles are all the same.

When i did a inch lift i used tuff country HD springs that I think were 3/4ton but i can't remember its been years and the truck was sold.. sadly. But still i believe that the springs should be the same as the civvy k5

Last edited:

jimmy-90

One thing I certianly can tell you is that the front springs are not 56" long. they should be 48" long and the rears should be 52" long. If you go to a spring shop and have them build you a set of stock replacements im guessing it will be alot cheaper than haveing the chevy dealer get them for you. If they are even still available from the dealers. A spring shop will DEFINATELY build you a much higher quality spring than the factory ones or anything you can get off the shelf in the way of aftermarket lift ones too

hobie237

Just look for springs for a K5 blazer if you have the M1009. It's the same truck. M1009 is just a 3/4T blazer

Actually it's a half ton Blazer. Just like the 1008 is a 1-ton truck. The military rates them at actual capacity of gross less curb, whereas the whole "half ton," "one ton" etc. in regular parlance is just a measure of sizes A, B, C, etc. without much correlation to actual carrying capacity.