• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front leaf springs

JohnDoe1

The front leaf springs on my M1008 are sagged to the point of being inverted. I found a good deal on a set of 22-402-5LF springs made by John R Springs. Does anyone happen to know if this is a good match?

I'm sure the ride will be a bit more harsh from the heavier springs, but this isn't a daily driver. I've just got it arond for the weekend trip to Lowes for a ton of wood pellets, etc.

I seem to remember some rule about posting links to the item for sale, but a google search for 22-402-5LF will show the part from a bunch of different sellers.

Many thanks.

M-1028

The front leaf springs on my M1008 are sagged to the point of being inverted. I found a good deal on a set of 22-402-5LF springs made by John R Springs. Does anyone happen to know if this is a good match?

I'm sure the ride will be a bit more harsh from the heavier springs, but this isn't a daily driver. I've just got it arond for the weekend trip to Lowes for a ton of wood pellets, etc.

I seem to remember some rule about posting links to the item for sale, but a google search for 22-402-5LF will show the part from a bunch of different sellers.

Many thanks.
Inverted springs is normal on all of the straight axle Chevy's. That's how they came from the factory. I put Skyjacker springs on mine and it rode great. 4" lift springs and shackle flip will get you the best ride.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Many thanks.

GM square body 4x4 Light Duty trucks were built with the front springs arched upward in the middle of the spring,(1973-1991).

Attachments

JohnDoe1

Huh. I stand corrected! I just looks so close to the stops/bumpers on the frame that I thought for sure they were sagged significantly.

M-1028

I was told you could use a set of rear springs up frt without the helper and get about 3" of lift and keep a good ride.

Vinny
Rear springs up front is a great upgrade, but it moves the axle forward a couple inches. Driveline and steering would need to be addressed.

GPrez

After 30-years of holding that heavy motor I'm sure they are sagging a little. I did a 2-1/2" lift on my M1009 a couple years ago, and last week a 2" lift on my M1028 and they both ride and handle much better than with the stock springs. I'd replace them even if it is with a stock height spring. New bushings in the springs help too!

bftrain

Many thanks.

Did you end up using these?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks