• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front Marker Light Ground

Sam77

Howdy!

I'm working on getting all the lights up and running with my rig, and in looking into why the front marker lights weren't working - I found that the positive lead from the bulb to the plug wasn't hooked up at all and the ground lug was also disconnected / broken. I've fixed the connection between the bulb and plug (solder and shrink wrap), but I'm wondering where I can reconnect the ground since the lug was rattling around inside the light compartment.

Here's a shot of inside the light compartment. I'm working on getting all the sand and junk out of there so I can clean things up. Can I put a larger terminal on the ground wire and connect it to the other bolt? I'm assuming this is another grounding area, but I figured I'd ask the experts to be certain.

tempImagevZ48Dw.jpg

Or - is there a spot where this should be screwed back into? It looks like it fell out vs rusted off. (sorry for the blurry picture).

tempImagewGKjxz.jpg

Thanks in advance!

-Sam77

Action

I have seen a couple different ground setups, depending on type and manufacturer. Turn the lights on and touch the ground to each remaining stud. Bolt it to the stud that lights the bulb.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
With all the dirt and mud, a ground rod might work. :funny:

Clean it all up, re-terminate and follow along in the TM. One of those leads is ground # "92_" Markers housing always cruded up too. Got the right idea for the nut plate for the covers.

This might help > Wire 92_ right from the TM. Showing right side. Left more of less same with black out lamp.

thumbnail.jpg

TM's....Road map to all the goings on HumV. Good idea to download one. Will save your bacon when the internet goes down. CAMO

Sam77

With all the dirt and mud, a ground rod might work. :funny:

Clean it all up, re-terminate and follow along in the TM. One of those leads is ground # "92_" Markers housing always cruded up too. Got the right idea for the nut plate for the covers.

This might help > Wire 92_ right from the TM. Showing right side. Left more of less same with black out lamp.

View attachment 828775

TM's....Road map to all the goings on HumV. Good idea to download one. Will save your bacon when the internet goes down. CAMO
Agreed! I have it downloaded and found all the numbers and such - just wanted a sanity check. It’s been a while since I’ve chased electrons and wanted to make sure my line of thinking was sound.
Wire is 92D - which looks a lot like 920. :)

Action

Or just take the light from the bucket and see which stud(s) are ground. I think it is only 1 or 2 of the 4 studs connect to the bulb.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks