• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front mini light kit lights

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
jwaller said:
I thought I'd post up the pics of my clearance light install. The brackets come off bride trucks. and yes there are kits the military has to install them that come with all the wires and connectors and everything.

My truck had 1 light in the middle of the bed but I thought I'd add a few more for safety.
May I ask how the military ran the wiring for the side marker on your bed and which circuit it was plugged into and where?

Thanks

C

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Can some folks post pics of the brackets used to mount the clearance lights on the bed?

Like what Jwaller posted here: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showpost.php?p=107968&postcount=12

A friend sent me some pics of his fronts and sides, I'd like to see the factory brackets and decide how I am going to mine (I am undecided as to whether I am going to mount them on the bottom or top of the bed rail.

Thanks fellas.

m109guy

I had to install a full set of clearance lights on my deuces to pass safety and be allowed to drive on the road. I used regular clearance lights with 24v bulbs. Later on if I can get my hands on a huge lot of the real M35 clearance lights I will see about switching them over. But that would mean up to 18 of them per truck, which would cost a fortune. At the moment I will just stick with the civilian ones ;)

jimm1009

They all look like some good ideas. I was wondering about owners with M35A2C dropside beds. How have owners approached that?
I would assume that the brackets for the lights other than the front fenders would be similar to the brackets for the rear of the M35A3 trucks due to the sides hinging down. See attachment. This seems like it would work if they were recessed just enough to clear the side while down. :idea::?:
Jim

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That looks nice, and it would be good to have a turn signal mounted on the side, these trucks seem to be invisible to most of the drivers out here. Bjorn, was yours a kit or did you fab it up? emmado, yours looks like a kit going by the box on the fender. Any numbers from either of you guys on what was used and where you got the stuff?