• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front oil seal

sermis

I noticed today my oil leak is getting worse. I assume that it is the front crank seal because oil is running down from ther onto the oil pain to the front axel. Have not really looked close. Are there any oil lines in that area of the motor? How hard is it to change out the seal? Does the pan need to be pulled?

Is the rear seal 1 piece and can it be changed with out pilling the tranny?

jasonjc

I just put a clutch/flywheel on mine and I think you will have to pull them and the tranny to do the seal its a one piece.

m35a2cowner

oil leak

If I am not mistaken there is oil pressure line which lubes the air compressor as well as some sort of drain line in that general area. Also, make sure the oil filler cap is not leaking and the oil running down the front of the engine. I would check very carefully before taking anything apart, you might get lucky and it will be something simple. There is also some stuff you can get to put in the oil that will fluoresce under a black light to help find a leak. Also, check the technical manuals on the web-page. Good luck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks