• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front passenger side electrical cable?

OBX

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking for help identifying a cable coming out of the tunnel just behind the doghouse on the passenger side of my HMMWV... it's been cut, I'm guessing as part of the demil process. What was it connected to? SINCGARS? Anyone know an NSN or part number? Thanks!
Welcome to the forum. It would have been impossible for me to be this far along on my Humvee build If not for all the useful information provided by the SS members. You are fortunate to have found this site, please support it by membership subscription.
That cut cable is 24v, most likely hot! Be careful. Disconnect batteries before removing it. You will need to pull it from bottom of the truck.
On my Humvee, after pulling the cable down through its grommet, I found two red wires inside the cable that were both hot. Where they originate is not visible inside the truck and are connected to the backside of the large 24v lug located in the battery compartment. I carefully capped and taped them separately, zip tying them out of the way in the transmission tunnel, allowing for future use if needed.
Good luck!

Last edited:

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
most likely it was a radio power cable.

Without the end on it or a closer look to see what the cables inside look like it's probably 95% or better chance it was for radios.

EDIT: As OBX said, it's likely still connected to power at the batteries, so disconnecting the batteries and removing the cable would be a good idea.

hmmwv-newbie

I was just about to ask the same question I found 2 cut off cables in my new rig, one of them I traced to the battery.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Radio sincgars or harris, gps, blueforce tracker. laptop electronic gizmo all 24v hot...
Impossible to say as all that is removed at demill and no real way to know what purpose the truck was used for..

I would recommend removing all of it to prevent magic smoke escaping.

spankybear

Radio sincgars or harris, gps, blueforce tracker. laptop electronic gizmo all 24v hot...
Impossible to say as all that is removed at demill and no real way to know what purpose the truck was used for..

I would recommend removing all of it to prevent magic smoke escaping.
I have a bottle of replacement smoke... Only issue is there are no instructions how to reinstall the smoke . I hear is it next to impossible to reinstall the smoke.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks