• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front running lights M35a2 ??

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went to STAPLES, and they blew it up, but the words and numbers ain't legible, so I will insert them as I can and finally have a good tool for diagnostics...

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank You DOGHEAD, and I am installing a program by ACROBAT READER that enables me to convert PDF files to WORD. Once I get it straight, I will post the diagram in WORD format...

I just picked up my deuce Saturday and the brake lights and headlights will not come on I spoke with the previous owner and he mentioned a switch on the left that should be turned to the right but I cant figure out how to turn them on can anyone help maybe with a picture

Yarz

-2368031215013130630.jpg
Find that switch. Lift the bottom right, and while holding that up, turn the top to the right. That's what the previous owner is telling you. That's how you turn on your lights.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And find the TM 9-2320-361-10 Operators Manual. It help explain all the bells and whistles of your truck. It is required reading of the guys in the miltary that drive these trucks.

Post #4 shows the light switch settings.

Also please edit your user profile to list your State of residence. It is a forum requirement.

Last edited:

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't overthink this, troops.

The fix is practically free, and uses nothing but a soldering iron and some tape.

1...unscrew the Bendix connector off the back of the light switch.

2...Unwrap the tape back a bit, about 3 or 4 inches.

3... sort out wires #491 and #21.

4...Pull wire 491 away from the others, and cut it close to the connector. Tape up the short end.

5...Strip 1" of insulation from wire 21, back 4" from the connector (but DON"T CUT THIS WIRE). Be careful not to damage the wire strands.

6...Strip 1" of insulation from the long end of wire 491, wrap it around the bared spot on wire 21.

7...Solder the connection, wrap it with tape, and retape the entire loom as original.

8...Reconnect the connector to the light switch, you're done.

Parking lights will come on any time any Service Drive (includes headlights) switch position is turned on.

Parking lights operate as usual. Beats spending a C-note on that gizmo...

For the uneducated, the light switch is designed to inhibit visible lighting from coming on without a conscious effort in order not to give your position away at night. The only unlocked function is the blackout markers.

DG

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks