• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front running / parking lights not working

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
2003 m1078a1, I noticed today that my front running/ parking lights down in the bumper are not working. Rear running lights work and all the cab marker lights work, headlights work. The bulbs are good. The relay is coming on.
I may have the interactive electronic technical manual on an old laptop but dang if I can find the wiring schematics that Ron shares with us. I hate that stupid program. If I could just view it like a book one page at a time but I can’t get any where with it.
Thanks in advance for anyone’s help.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On my truck the front parking lights only work if you select the Park mode. In service drive they are off and only function as turn signals. In park they illuminate as parking lights with the headlights off and blink brighter with the turn signals. I was under the impression this is how they are wired. If it's not then mine don't work either (in service drive).

Ronmar

Yep the fronts are park lights, not running lights. The only thing connected to pin L on the switch are the two front park lights via CB65. The only time you get power out of pin L is when the upper lever is in service drive, and the lower left lever is set to park. in service drive, the lower left lever turns off the headlights and turns on the front park lights when set to park.

Last edited:

Third From Texas

You guys were spot on! They do work as parking lights not running lights.
Thank you!
You can always wire them as running lights. When I do my cab interioor I plan to change the running lights (ie: all parking lights front and read, markers, and brake light function) to come on with the ignition. I recall someone doing it years ago with the manual lever switch (mine is the push button controller) but I don't have the specifics. It was pretty simple iirc (like one jumper wire).

It will also solve those "oh chit" moments when you realize that you forgot to turn on the lights and you've driven home from Lowes with no brake lights or signals working. Daily driver and I do that to often when I have a ton of errands to run. IMO, the brake lights should be functional anytime the truck is running. So I want to make that change as well....

;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks