• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front wheel bearing retainer nuts

sp00n

I am in the midst of repairing a catastrophic failure of my front drivers side wheel bearing in which all moving parts were destroyed. I sourced the part numbers for the bearings and races, but I need to source the two large nuts and spacer/washers that held it together. I had to cut mine in half and chip them off with a hammer, so I can't run down to the part store and eyeball a replacement.. Does anyone have a part number or source to get two new ones and the correct width spacer that went between them?

Thanks

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you simply Google "rockwell 2.5 ton parts", you'll find dozens of places to buy the nuts and locking tab washer.

Military part numbers are found in the -20P and -34P TMs.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, thats it

sp00n

last stupid question, I promise. The TM picture is very difficult to make out and I've never done this before and don't want to have to wait twice as long because I didn't order all the parts the first time.

Is there only one of those retainer washers or two?

thanks for all the help.

ctmustang

1 washer per wheel - I always bought the nuts and locking washers from saturn surplus or from white owl truck parts here in NC. Both are very nice to deal with and very knowledgeable about these trucks. Both can be found on the web.
CT

sp00n

thanks all. ordered the nuts and retainer from Erik's and will be picking up a set of bearings from NAPA. Hope to get it back on the road by the end of next week.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks