• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front wheel delaying my trip to SSGR

treessw

So as I was headed over to my buddy's to grab some extra gear for my trip to SSGR. Noticed a funny noise and what felt almost like a tire had started to come apart. I have just finished my lift and tires and have been trying to work out any kinks in the system before making the 6hr drive. Well long story short, I used spacers in the front to fit the Tire wheel combo and get it out from the brake system etc. The front passenger side snapped all of the original lugs right off except for one!!!!!!!!!!! I have been driving the truck since sat with no issues. So I knew this was not exactly the setup I wanted to run, was going to use this as a temperory fix untill budget was back up to get the corect wheels and proper backspacing. So I guess I am glad this happened here locally than out on the open road and luckly I was going slow enough to where nothing flew off!!! Either way this is a serious bummer and is going to put me in a toyota I think to try and get down there. I had put my service and time into my M1008 to get it ready but so much for that. auaaua

I will add pictures as soon as I can get them, camara phone is not working either!!!

Moral of this story I think is-- Dont use spacers?! Now I will also say I very well could have over torqed these baby's but none the less this is a very annoying set back and also a kick in the head. Guess I deserve it for skimping. I am also glad no one got hurt and that this is just a setback to me and did not do any harm to myself or others!

Anybody have room for a extra rider on the trails???

treessw

Yeah, thanks for the specs that you guys put on yours, I will remember that!!!!! I really dont feel I over torqued em but oh well. Either way had to bite the bullet and order new wheels, wont be here till friday. Guess I will have to wait till next year to bring one of the trucks. Failure to think about a back up plan on my behalf was stupid. auaauaaua

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks