• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front Wheel drive M-1009

Milkman357

I had the rear drive shaft yoke failure. The replacement driveshaft must have been out of balance, but I wanted to check.

So I took a grinder to the old yoke that failed... and got it as close to round as I could in 15 minutes of grinding. I inserted the yoke into the transfer case and went for a test drive... No vibrations.. So I figured the rear driveshaft needs balanced.

Driving around the house at up to 35 mph the yoke seems to stay in the transfer case... But when I went to the Truck shop to get driveshaft balanced I did get upo to 55-60 mph. About 15 miles round trip... and when I got home the yoke seemed to move out about an inch.

Conclusion, Old yokes make good emergency trail parts.. incase of rear driveshaft failure you can still creep home on front wheel drive. Just watch the speed and check for creep-age.

In front wheel drive only, cruising around was just fine. Only noticed a little pull in the corners.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks