• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

front wheel free travel

MrBouncer

How free should the front wheels spin on the front axle with one side jacked up. I just put newer tires on my 1028 the front hubs seemed to be tight. they didnt spin as free as i thought they should. this is my first 4 wheel drive so i am not sure how these axles are supposed to behave.

1986Blazerk5

Welcome to the site, read and download the tech. manuals they can really help,they should spin pretty freally, but if there hard to turn it could be brakes dragging or your bearing are bad

P.S. Make sure your hubs are unlocked not sure if that will make a difference.

MrBouncer

i looked all i could at the manuals until i get them printed off its kinda tuff on the laptop with one tire on the ground and one jacked up how free should it spin

wkbrdngsnw

One tire in the air in 2wd hubs locked on all but the trucks with front lockers will spin freely and you should see the front drive shaft spinning. In 4wd it should only move a little bit as long as the wheel on the ground doesn't slip and the drive shaft won't move.

SmokeyDod

Since you have the M1028 which should have the "trac-lok" in front, when you lock the hubs you will have resistance in the spinning of the tire. However there will not be any scrubbing noise because the resistance is coming from the "clutch-pac" slipping against one another. It will not spin freely at all. The wheel will be harder to turn but not locked. If you unlock your hubs, the tire should spin as freely as any regular any front wheel disc brake types.