• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front wheel studs change.

my69camaro

How far do I need to take the front hub assembly apart to be able to change studs out? Do the lock nuts, drum, and bearings need to come off too?

I have 2pc bolt together rims and 48's for a M818 but the studs are not long enough on the front.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have seen some people install Budd thimbles on the front studs. Then they have longer studs and use thimble lug nuts(like on the rear axles with duals).

I'm not sure it's the best method, but I have seen it done.

my69camaro

Figured it out... Locks and drum off... Pound out old studs and replace... Not bad, just a heavy drum.

Now If only Eastern Surplus would have sent me the right stuff instead of 15 rights and 5 lefts I'd be set.:x

TM's didn't explain things clearly, at least I thought.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks