• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

front wheel u joint grease?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There be a socket head screw in the back side of the ball. Remove screw, pump grease. Mobil makes a product coalled EP-023 if I recall. Its a sloppy very nasty grease/oil substance designed for hard to seal gear boxes. This stuff is ideal for the knuckle boots and steering boxes alike! Only available in 5 gallon pails though.

Rattlehead

Why is so much grease necessary? Since the U-joint is lubed within iteslf, and the grease zerks supply the kingpin bushings, is it of any benefit to fill up the axle boot?

mtnrebel

the steering knuckle boot should only have a canister or canister and a half pumped into it. thats why i bought an air grease gun, its much easier.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks