• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front winch mount idea

sermis

Decided to add a winch on the front and rear of the HMMWV. Rear is one simple mount plate.
The front is killing me. I can't seam to be able to find the frame mount brackets. I have a drawing of how they look but no time to sit and fab them up. I was looking at the front bumper after I took it off and IDEA......flip the bumper over and remount it on the truck. The front bumper mounts to the end of the frame rail anyway and has the holes are already there that mate to the winch mount plate. Any idea why it wouldn't work? I know it doesn't have the mounts that go inside of the frame to the winch mount. They would enforce the mount more.
The inside frame mounts bolt to the frame and then two bolts to the winch plate if I'm correct so why wouldn't the to mounts from the end of the frame do the same thing? A little paint and no one will ever know better. If I had a part number for the mounts it would help on my search but not finding anything on eBay as of yet.

Attachments

Last edited: