• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Frustrated with Half Shaft Parts (or the lack of them!)

StackJ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Half the folks in this forum say "Go eBay", the other half say rebuild.

Well, I pulled apart the right front (the one I had a split boot on), discovered that there was no retaining ring on the inner, a tiny aftermarket clip as well on the inner.

Ok, so what do I do? Start looking for clips/rings, a new inner cap and lo and behold, nothing. Can't find parts. The only parts I do find are rebuilts, or new (remanufactured in the USA) on eBay.

Oh, did I mention that I bought six boots? (Being a just in case guy...)

I gave up and ended up buying two rebuilt in US for $110 each. I'm good with it because at some point in time, you have to respect your time and spend the bucks.

So, just as a point of curiosity...where do you get all of the individual parts for these things? Just in case, you know?

StackJ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I got my answer. Folks don't rebuild these, they buy new - at least for now... So much for all of the web articles and folks saying they rebuild now....

StackJ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had the originals in mine just like in the video. What this tells me is that if the sh* goes down and you break down, you're stuck unless you have spares.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks