• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft Carson shipping

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I accidentally ended up with two generators from the GL auction today. Never expected to win one let alone two. Not complaining.
Anyway having not expected to win, I didn't research shipping options. I can always go on road trip but just want to see what the most economical route.
Any comments, experiences or opinions greatly appreciated.

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
MEP-802 listed at 51x32x37 700lbs
MEP-831 listed 35x28x27 300 lbs

I was contemplating if I end up going removing tool box from my half ton. Haven't measured but believe they will both fit in my truck if I leave tailgate down.

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe my transportation problem has been solved. I emailed Daniel USF contacted me immediately and is setting this up for me at a price that I can't drive up myself for. plus the possibility of getting way sooner than is I had to do road trip myself. I will comment back after I recieve and see if I'm still as pleased with deal as I currently am at the present stage.

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update. Daniel has don jam up job of getting a pick up scheduled, paid invoice, but cannot get anyone from GL to answer phone or emails in regards to pick up times etc. I have until Friday morning to get this ironed out due to that being when I could get pick up that meets my schedule. keeping fingers crossed. Wish GL would be a little more forthcoming with info. I've read some horror stories so I am a bit afraid.

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update today. Finally reached GL at Carson. They had been at another auction site. Apparently GL stretch their guys pretty thin, out at more remote sites.
FYI Ft Carson does loadouts from 10-2 Tuesday-Thursday. Call and make appointment. I am going to miss my window this week as Daniel had managed to get me a driver for Friday, so we have re-scheduled for next Tuesday, so I guess I'll have to wait another week to play with my new toys.:neutral: So sad.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be very cautious with Ft Carson. They turned my shipper away, rescheduled for after the timeframe, then declared my stuff abandoned.

Be certain that your stuff is picked up within the allotted timeframe.

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be very cautious with Ft Carson. They turned my shipper away, rescheduled for after the timeframe, then declared my stuff abandoned.

Be certain that your stuff is picked up within the allotted timeframe.
Yes I read a thread on that. freaked me out after I read it. Everything is set up for next Tuesday. If It doesn't work out, I am rolling up there myself. Fingers crossed. Still....

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update:
The other part of the less than load guy canceled, however freight company picked up items earlier in the week. Just was waiting for a full load to head this way. All that matters is that they are clear of Carson. They will be delivered Monday 8:00am. I however will be gone out of town until Thursday so won't be able to check them out until then. It's all good though, it's progress.

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would like to once again thank Daniel from USF. First rate all the way. Kept me updated throughout whole process. Just got back from out of town and picked up gens from local store where they put up with me always having stuff dropped off. Now the fun begins. Fluid has been drained, I haven't had a great deal of time to inspect but I hope them being drained means out of designed drain and not with a drill bit. Will try and document saga that is starting in another thread. And yes the 802 is missing exhaust cover so I have little doubt it will end up as saga. Was bidding on multiple and just lost track and ended up with it. Looked down in exhaust, let's just say I'm a little sick to my stomach. But hey worse case is I have a parts unit. Rookie mistake.

. IMG_1790.jpg

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Load test 831

Very good day. Filled both units with fluids(both completely drained). Both units fired off and ran first try. Video is of MEP-831 picking up 3000 watt load all at once, then stepping back down to -0- then dumping 3000 watt load back on. Picks up nicely. Quite a capable unit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGZp7XIKRNo

Tested the 802 to 6000 watts but was after dark so, so no video. It too runs like a top. Could not be happier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bq8TWQaiPs

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks