• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft Eustis placard

flyusn99

Hello everyone. I stopped by Ft Eustis' transportation museum here a couple months ago and really enjoyed the tour of all the historic (if not slightly bizzare) transportation stuff they had on display there. Towards the end of the tour we went outside to ogle all of the larger vehicles and came upon and M35A2 with the following placard stationed right next to it...
Now, I'm in the navy, so I understand sometimes the sharpest stick is not always available to get the job done. However, normally there is SOMEONE checking the work of the individual (no matter how bright) if either A. someone's life depends on that work or B. It is going to be publicly displayed and could result in embarrasment of the service.
So what am I getting at? Check out the below picture and tell me if anything is amiss.... Who knows, perhaps I've just been told wrong how military nomeclature and naming conventions work.... In any case it would seem that there might be someone who would check on these things..... Anyhow, thought everyone might enjoy the pic or could enlighten me as to which models actually came first.....

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That's impressive.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What surprised me was that someone in the Navy even noticed the placard.

(just kidding)

sw

68t

yes , it sure is a goof up. but the army is special, they just do things like that to keep you alert. did you know in the past fort Eustic had navy folks station there, they were going to be on the new carries they were building at new port new. man we all had a blast, at the nco club, good old day :-D