• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft Knox recovery help needed

hilber

My EUC cleared today and I have the paid invoice. I bought a 1954 REO a couple weeks back, I am wondering if anyone is in the Ft. Knox area to help me with getting it checked out before I come up. It runs and they drove it in the video, but I would prefer to know if theer is anything I need done to it before I go up. It is a 2 day m,so I wnat to be sure all is well befroe I hit the road. I used to drive OTR and it is no fun to be sitting beside the road broken down, when a little pre-planning might have prevented that. Please respond by PM.

hilber

Well, I guess no one is in the area. I am going up Thursday and check it outl. If all checks out OK I'll head back Friday and that'll give me Sat and Sun to get back home If 3 days are needed. I think it will take 2 for sure as I don't want to be on the road at night if I can help it.

BTN

I just purchased a 1953 M35A2 from Ft Knox also. Just joined the forum to get some info, etc. I am going to try the trip this weekend also. Since the do not load out on friday, I may just go up sunday to pick it up monday. Will try to drive it back since transportation can be very expensive. I have an almost 400 mile drive (western NC), so it will take some time. Description says it runs with a jump. I will probably just replace the batteries there in town with some commercial batteries from auto parts store. I'm new to MVs, so trying to read up. Hope all goes well with your trip also.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hilber, will you be moving throughh or near Lexington area? I have a steel topper up there I'm trying to get back to GA. I can't help with the truck but can do tech support and send parts. I can't think of any members near Radcliff.

Hooty481

Hey I am in russell springs Ky about 45 minutes from i75 at my Vernon Kentucky if you need help. I would check it out for you but I don't have time to get up there... Good lookIng truck!!!

BTN

I got the 54 REO. Which Stude did you get. I was going for one of them and they got over 2 grand so I fell back to the REO and got it for 1880.
I paid way more than I wanted for that '53 studebaker. It went over 4k. I reasoned that I would pay about the same for a used ATV. At least the older vehicles qualify for antique plates (no state inspection hassles). I haven't seen many studes for sale also, so thought maybe that's why price went up more, rare?

Edit, it does have winch which seems to drive price up quite a bit on the ones I've watched lately.

hilber

Hey I am in russell springs Ky about 45 minutes from i75 at my Vernon Kentucky if you need help. I would check it out for you but I don't have time to get up there... Good lookIng truck!!!
Great,. I pm'd my phone # to you. Caall me with your # inc ase I hae an emergency. Hopefully all will go well

hilber

Hilber, will you be moving throughh or near Lexington area? I have a steel topper up there I'm trying to get back to GA. I can't help with the truck but can do tech support and send parts. I can't think of any members near Radcliff.
Was actually going the other route as it is supposed to be quicker. What you got and if I all goes well, I can coem back that way I'll go by and get it. That is an alternate route. I'll PM my phone # to you so you can call me tomorrow. I am leaving out early.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been away all day and just signing in. Sorry I missed the PM Hilton. Please do respond and let us know how things are going. As a side note, I just brought my laptop in from the truck. The program I used for the nametags at the GA Rally was still open and the last nametag I printed was still there. It was Hilbers name tag.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks