• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FT Lewis M1031!

ABN173

I really wanted the M1031 contact truck at FT Lewis,WA. I was even willing to sell my motorcycle and even my M1008 in order to get it. I attempted to get a loan (so I could just auto-bid) and found out that my brother (who I made the mistake of cosigning for) decided to not make any payments for the last three months. I only found out when my bank (who I have a great history with) said they could not lend to me and told me why. Even as late as this morning my father said he would help me with the funds, but he wanted me to call him on the phone as his computer was crashed. Should have been no problem except my one hour dental appointment turned into three hours. I got out of the dentist chair 6 minutes before the overtime auction ended, so I called my wife and said "hey I left the window open on the auction, hit refresh and tell me what it is at" She replied "Oh it's not up anymore the computer needed updates so I had to restart" by the the time we got the window back up and I called my Dad, then called her back to tell her to bid it was game over.......whoever won you don't even know how close you came to losing out or having to bid a lot higher. I had been watching that truck for months even before it came over to the GL side. If whoever won it decides to sell that truck PLEASE contact me!

I need a beer right now:evil:

CW2 Dale Campbell
1st SF Group
FT Lewis,WA

Last edited:

84cucv1ton

well im pretty far from you but im looking to move on from the old chevys. will have 4 up for sale pretty soon. pm if you want to know more

ABN173

Thanks 84, It may just come to that, to bad your so far away though. I have a deployment coming up I may just wait until after that:cry: dude you don't even know what nice condition this truck was in! D7 condition code right at 20k miles.

ABN173

wow that sucks ABN!!! hopefully someone can come forward and sell you it!
Yeah it does SRO, what really chaps my as* is that over the last three months neither my bother nor the finance company he used saw fit to notify me but they had no problem posting the derogatory info on my credit report.

Mark3395

Sorry to hear about your travails Chief.

I'll keep an eye out at Rock Island. Sets and kits (including contact trucks) are managed and built here. GL just auctioned about 10 trucks that gave all the signs of having been stuck in a warehouse for 20 years... heavy dust on the engines, low mileage, etc. Stands to reason they may have more.

I picked a 1031 with under 3k miles on it this week. Bent driveshaft (forklift, as usual), but when disconnecting it we found that it was absolutely rust free underneath. It's a way from you but worth it. Odd thing is that only about 3 were CUCVs, the rest were Dodges! All had the same contact body with a gasoline powered generator. i suspect that's why the CUCVs were surplussed out; the Army abandoned mogas when the CUCVs came in.

And when I picked up the 1031 yesterday the yard included a bunch of armored Hummer contact trucks. Neat.

Last edited:

ABN173

Yeah I saw that much, I was prepared to go up to 6k for it.

Heck I was actually hoping one more bid would come in and extend it so I could get in the game.

Last edited:

2deuce

4800 + the 480 and it starts getting up there. When the price gets this high the bidding isn't as likely about resale. Somebody wanted it for themself I think. I wanted it too but I couldn't justify that much. The winner must feel lucky hearing your story. Ft Lewis must have more of these. I figure I'll have to wait till you get your M1031 cause I'm not willing to bid as high for one as you. It did look very good.

2deuce

The bidding did run over 15 minutes I think. Sorry I didn't bid again, I did think about it though. When this happens to me I just figure it's just not meant to be. I do know how you feel. I've been there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks