• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft. Lewis M35A2Cs on GL

Hammer

They ended up selling for 3700-4000 each (not including taxes or GL fees)....no thanks
Wow! That was more then all but one of the 818's!
Definitely too much for my tastes for a deuce!

The 818s went from 2600 to 5650 (running, hard top, looked like a NEW motor.)

Decent prices for the 818s, I just didn't have that last bit of 'extra' cash right now.

wsucougarx

Just and FYI on those M35A2C's from FT Lewis. I inspected all three trucks and I did start them to make sure they would start. There were three trucks a 4k mile one, 9k miles one and a 11k miles one. (all are "C" engines w/whistlers)
The 4k has absolutely no brake pressure, pedal goes all the way to the floor. J-pipe is rusted all the way through, batteries are dead, most of the driveshaft seals are leaking as well as fluid leaking out of the pressure caps on axles, transfer case oil is pretty dirty. There is oil all over the driver side of the engine (loose oil filter canister? head gasket?
The 9k one has extra bows under the bed, good brakes, starts and drives:razz:, j-pipe rusted all the way through, spare tire is crap, oil in tranny is emusified (drain/fill before driving)
The 11k one has an extra set of bows as well under bed. No freeplay in brakes or clutch. Clutch engages about on the last 1-1.5". Definately needs adjustment. Noticed oil all over the driver side of motor also. Truck does run/drive:razz:

Last edited:

wsucougarx

I didn't look over the wrecker. Too much truck for me. I did see 3 dumps lined up next to the deuces, didn't look at those either. Across the lot there are two 5 tons with shop boxes, another 5 ton wrecker, a 5 ton cargo truck, 2 more 5 ton dumps and a mess of m105a2's. The wrecker is in pretty used condition but batteries were dead in that one too or I would have started that one up:p

bigelk50

Todd how many m818's did you buy. My father in law and I bought one m818 one m35a2c and one m200a1 trailer. We missed out on a 5 ton trailer though.

bigelk50

Just and FYI on those M35A2C's from FT Lewis. I inspected all three trucks and I did start them to make sure they would start. There were three trucks a 4k mile one, 9k miles one and a 11k miles one. (all are "C" engines w/whistlers)
The 4k has absolutely no brake pressure, pedal goes all the way to the floor. J-pipe is rusted all the way through, batteries are dead, most of the driveshaft seals are leaking as well as fluid leaking out of the pressure caps on axles, transfer case oil is pretty dirty. There is oil all over the driver side of the engine (loose oil filter canister? head gasket?
The 9k one has extra bows under the bed, good brakes, starts and drives:razz:, j-pipe rusted all the way through, spare tire is crap, oil in tranny is emusified (drain/fill before driving)
The 11k one has an extra set of bows as well under bed. No freeplay in brakes or clutch. Clutch engages about on the last 1-1.5". Definately needs adjustment. Noticed oil all over the driver side of motor also. Truck does run/drive:razz:
WSUCUGARX we bought the 9k mile one

bigelk50

We are going to take the C bed off the m35a2c and put it on the m818. Mount everything that currently sits behind the cab of the m818 into the front of the bed. Use the m105 bed that we got from Military Restoration to bob the bed less m35a2. Keep the m35a2 that is in my avatar just like it is. That will be a cool mini fleet of trucks.

Hammer

Bet the wrecker will go for a pretty penny. Cable or no cable.
Too bad, because I could really USE one around here.
Wouldn't be another lawn ornament that rarely gets used.

wiggall

I got 2 of the M200A1 2 1/2 ton Trailer Chassis:!: Was looking at 1 of the M818 for my son-in-law who has a farm/ranch, but they went TOO HIGH for my BUDGET RIGHT NOW:!: FTG2 Wiggles USS EDSON DD 946 1969-1973