• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft. McCoy M1008 Recovery 4/2/12

cocco78

Pics from the Auction...

Uneventfull 250 mile trip, just the way I like it. The truck had new batteries, fuel filter, oils, fluids, and mechanically it was good to go. The tires are pretty much junk but they made the trip home. We pulled out of the base and in a cloud of black smoke we were off. I got it up to 55ish and after that it started to vibrate, but after checking my gps I found out that 55 on the spedo is just somewhere between 45 and 50! So yeah, not sure what type of R's the motor was turning at 50 but at actual 55 is sounded like it was pretty close to the end :p It even smoothed out a bit as we went but after I got home I noticed the pass side hub was locked. I check the driverside before we left and it was set to free, but neglected to check the other side. Hopefully that is where most of the vibes came from. Other than that the only thing seemingly wrong with the truck is a leaky pinion seal on the 14 bolt. It ended up taking us almost 7 hrs to get home. I have no idea how big the fuel tank is or if the fuel gauge works, I think it does. It was on full when we left the base and I put 6 gal in. We drove maybe 150 miles and I put 10 gal in and it filled it up...

Well, did a little playing around today. Even with bald ass tires this thing in 4low with climb up a wall, even with tires in the air... Detroit locker is good!

M1008A1 AND my M101A3

I will be running these 16.5 wheels with brand new Military Goodyear MT's

Just for fun, test fit of a 37" Toyo on an H2 wheel.

I hope the title paperwork comes in soon, I need to drive this thing. Here is is with my M101A2

Putting on my extra set of 235 85's, small but at least they have some tread.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks