• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft Meade M1031

2002ford

Here is my first M1031. I just got it home last night. It Looks nice on the outside But.......... Why would GL or who ever do this to a truck. I new about the batery cables from the pics but they cut the wire under the dash also. I have a bolt sitting in the intake. Needless destruction to a decent truck.

I looked at 2 other trucks at the lot. They had cut wires and missing cables also. None had the wires cut under the dash though.

I know its buyers beware but someone went a little crazy on this one. It also has the GL driveshaft. This will be a fun project to get running again. LOL..Ft Meade 1031 002.jpgFt Meade 1031 009.jpgFt Meade 1031 003.jpgFt Meade 1031 015.jpgFt Meade 1031 018.jpgFt Meade 1031 013.jpgFt Meade 1031 001.jpg

2002ford

Its only a small hurdle to cross. LOL... I have a parts truck that I can pull the wiring out of. I am not sure how good it is. My freind is using the truck to go up and down his steep driveway when it snows. I hope its not hacked up but i know none of the lights worked or the heater blower. The truck runs great but there isnt a body panel usable on it. You can even put your foot through the floor.

dependable

That is a nice 1031. Most of your problems can be solved with wire harness that can come from any CUCV. They are not hard to change (or add in your case) if you go step by step. Do you intend to get generator and panel in back going? There are a few guys on this forum that have 1031s that say they intend to convert to pickups or off roaders, put out the call and someone will probably have a gen harness to sell you.

Skinny

Sorry to hear about your damage. You will have to modify a standard CUCV harness if you intend on making your generator function like it did originally. If you decide to bypass all of the safety switches...it won't take much.

Good luck with your build!

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It Looks nice on the outside But.......... Why would GL or who ever do this to a truck. I new about the batery cables from the pics but they cut the wire under the dash also. I have a bolt sitting in the intake. Needless destruction to a decent truck.

I looked at 2 other trucks at the lot. They had cut wires and missing cables also. None had the wires cut under the dash though
Congratulations! Well, GL is usually (at least partially) responsible for the driveshaft and body dents, but not the cut wires or disassembly. That is all military. Looks like a nice project.

Awol

Whats a GL driveshaft? They pick it up with a forklift and bend it?

Nice looking truck!