• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft. Polk? Thats only 950 miles, sure

hedgehog69

I just got back from Ft. Polk....the roads in Leesville SUCK!!! Takes forever to get through Shreeport. I blew one trailer tire at Sikeston, MO on the way down. I had a load of veggie oil on for delivery in Paragould, AR. HOT along I-55!!. Made it the rest of the way to Ft. Polk, got my 8 6.2L engines and headed home. Blew another tire 60 miles south of St. Louis..11pm. Bought 2 tires and a rim next morning in Perryville. Put the one on the trailer..and luckily, I spotted a goose egg forming on the other tire. 3 new trailer tires on that trip. Trailer is only 2 1/2 years old...tires were in great shape....I thought. I am thinking the heat had something to do with it. There were retreads ...and tire parts all up and down the highway.
Got my engines home...but doubt if I do it again. The only reason this paid off was because of the veggie oil I sold. Is a looong way down there.

Crazyguyla

My bro is stationed at Polk, say hi to him!
I feel sorry for your brother.. place suxs LOL I'll probably get sent back there..

QUOTE=Paul Wolfe;644587]Hi,
I spent 18 months at Ft Polk in 70 & 71. Lots of memories, mostly good.

Paul[/QUOTE]

Until about 8 yrs ago, north fort still looked the same. There's been a mass demolition of the buldings.Something about the being old enough for historical landmark status.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Got in about midnight. Westy and Wifey left about noon today. It was a HECK of a trip! Even managed to stop at a salvage lot and grab some trinkets. Thanks for the support, yes the roads down there suck ass.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Westy will have the pics. The trinkets were for Stretch and Sephirothq. Westy found a set of cucv bumpers for $100. The yard is between Cincinnati and Ft. Polk.

:cool:

Crazyguyla

Yarb;644909} His wife says it's the armpit of the Army. I don't think she's a big fan of Leesville.[/QUOTE said:
Most people will agree that Sleezville is the armpit of the army, ask what was it like before the super Wal-Mart. There is the local food; crawfish, alligator, turtle, nutria, squirrel, boudin...

My brother went through boot camp at Fort Polk. He doesn't have much good to say about it either.
There's not much good to say about Ft Polk, except that New Orleans (3.5 Hrs), Houston (3-3.5 Hrs), and Dallas (5.5 Hrs). Nice places to visit :)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WW, you found them there, or left them there? :oops:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks