• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel adjustment for changing elevations ?

Dieselfitter

So ive been reading here about tuning up pumps for more power ,bypass fdc and such.
I bypassed my fdc on non turbo m35 truck , it smokes abit now and egt’s are max at 950 on long hill empty
1000 is highest ive seen with a load so far , i have not adjusted the pump and im not planning to , i pretty happy to have the extra low end power i have from the bypass. I dont really notice hi end power ,but i dont really run it hard enough to notice .
im moving to WY in couple of months and my operating elevation above sea level is 5500 ft compared to 1000 ft here in upstate NY now . my question is that will i see higher temps with less O2 at higher elev. than i see now and have to turn down my pump when i get there ?
i figure i ‘ll find out when it happens , but wanted a opinion of anyone experiences with this ?
i notice my dodge cummins starts a whole lot different out in WY than it does here in NY. But the bio fuel out there effects my milage in a bad way. And that truck even as a pre emmisions 06 has eletronics for fuel management so that engine is a different animal.
i suspose when i start buying the same ugly bio fuel in WY for the deuce it’ll change things different again ?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you do a search as I forget where the thread was but there was a mod. Member had FDC bypassed and rigged up a cable control on the FDC servo piston. It could adjust fuel on the fly. To bad there is not more space between the main fuel control and the Head. The stud of the main fuel control is spring loaded and if you grabbed it with a pair of plyers it would pull out adding fuel or subtract without doing anything to the twin nuts. You could get more fuel adjustments from the twin nut stud than you can with the FDC servo.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks