• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel burning heater duct hose

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To complete my heater installation, I will need some of the high temp silicon rubber duct hose, does anyone have a source for these, since the cost of new is in the order of $10/ft and there are minimum purchases involved (would come to hundreds of dollars)?
I'm looking for 2", 2-1/2" and 5" diameter hose. Typical part number called out in the Tms is 11613661-4 for the 2-1/2" hose.

TIA

Attachments

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you find a good source for the hose let me know. I'm still looking for a cheaper source for the 3 and 4 inch hose I need for my coolant heater install. McMaster Carr has decent prices for the non silicone stuff I need, but like you said, the minimum order length makes it prohibitive to purchase it for just myself.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How much of each size do you need? I may have some 2.5", I'll look for it later today.

jwaller

go to any airport that has a mechanic. we use that stuff in the aircraft and you can have as much as you want. black or red. I think the black is higher temp.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, got a lead from "Pilot" here on the site and ordered some of the 5" duct from aircraftspruce.com....

There is a difference between the black (Neoprene) and the orange (Silicone rubber)...the Neoprene would be marginal with the temperatures that I have measured at the discharge end of the fuel burning heaters.

Attachments

Last edited: