• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel burning heater duct hose

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To complete my heater installation, I will need some of the high temp silicon rubber duct hose, does anyone have a source for these, since the cost of new is in the order of $10/ft and there are minimum purchases involved (would come to hundreds of dollars)?
I'm looking for 2", 2-1/2" and 5" diameter hose. Typical part number called out in the Tms is 11613661-4 for the 2-1/2" hose.

TIA

Attachments

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you find a good source for the hose let me know. I'm still looking for a cheaper source for the 3 and 4 inch hose I need for my coolant heater install. McMaster Carr has decent prices for the non silicone stuff I need, but like you said, the minimum order length makes it prohibitive to purchase it for just myself.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How much of each size do you need? I may have some 2.5", I'll look for it later today.

jwaller

go to any airport that has a mechanic. we use that stuff in the aircraft and you can have as much as you want. black or red. I think the black is higher temp.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, got a lead from "Pilot" here on the site and ordered some of the 5" duct from aircraftspruce.com....

There is a difference between the black (Neoprene) and the orange (Silicone rubber)...the Neoprene would be marginal with the temperatures that I have measured at the discharge end of the fuel burning heaters.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks