• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Cap Gasket

that1028guy

Just incase anyone has, or will have the issue I had, My fuel cap gasket fell apart the other day fueling up. I didnt think that much about it till
I got home and realized I was leaving a trail of 3.70/gal diesel.... CRAP! So I started to look around at the parts stores... Never fun if you cant say you need a part for a 86 k30... But I found one that works, Its a thermostat gasket. Oreillys pn: MCS2381

cucv1833

Fuel Cap | AutoZone.com

Autozone link to page will a whole assortment of replacement fuel caps for the 86 K30, 6.2 diesel.

Why replace the gasket on the cap, when you can put a locking cap on the thing?

I believe the caps and filler necks on the Cucv is larger than the Civy one. Never had to replace mine yet. See below threads

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/8654-fuel-cap-replacment-same-civy.html
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/51993-m1009-locakable-gas-caps.html?highlight=fuel+cap

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fuel Cap | AutoZone.com

Autozone link to page will a whole assortment of replacement fuel caps for the 86 K30, 6.2 diesel.

Why replace the gasket on the cap, when you can put a locking cap on the thing?

Do you own a CUCV? Have you ever removed the fuel cap?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just incase anyone has, or will have the issue I had, My fuel cap gasket fell apart the other day fueling up. I didnt think that much about it till
I got home and realized I was leaving a trail of 3.70/gal diesel.... CRAP! So I started to look around at the parts stores... Never fun if you cant say you need a part for a 86 k30... But I found one that works, Its a thermostat gasket. Oreillys pn: MCS2381

Thanks for the info. I have added it to the CUCV FAQ thread [thumbzup]