• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel check valve HELP.

edpdx

I've had a leak the past few days with fuel drain back. I spotted dripping from the stock Stanadyne fuel base- right from the bottom. The bottom filter bail is warped and only the passenger side of the lower bail applies pressure to the filter to remain tightly seated.

I have a new 1/2" fuel check valve with 3/8" tapered hose fittings on either end; I want to install the valve to be sure the pump remains primed. I am not sure how or what line it would be spliced into.

Please chime in if you can help.

diesel583

You don't need the check valve if the system is air tight. Think of your fuel system as a hydraulic brake system no leaks. Replace the filter base.

corvette9

I put mine in the feed line under the truck. On the Rt side of the frame there is a steel cover at the back of the cab. There are rubber lines under that cover. I just put it in the rubber line and put the cover back on. Works perfect. The truck can sit for weeks and never lose prime. Best 17.00 I ever spent.

edpdx

RESOLVED: I ordered the F100W filter from PUREPRO to change out my stock BOX filter because it was leaking out the bottom and running down the FIW hose. At first I assumed it was the sensor and that I would need to "plug the hole" if I wanted to keep it stock. I thought it had to be the base because it hadn't been leaking, and the filter (FRAM) was only 2 months old. Anyway, before undertaking the filter change- I'm tight on time this week, I went to NAPA and bought the WIX GOLD. TADA. No Leak.

Funny thing is I received the Spin-on order, it was messed up- no one's fault, really. I called them, and they said a new one is on it's way no charge. Now I have two, and the original is staying put. :shrugs:

Thanks for all help.