• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel cut off sticking

littlebob

My son couldn't start the Deuce the other day. I took off the inspection cover
(where the cable hooks up to the IP) and the thingy inside didn't return easily as it should. It was very stiff to push it back toward the front of the truck and I
pushed it forward and didn't try to start it. I have mix of Disel and old gas in it with proably a 1/4 tank of fuel. The tank and filter canisters were drained about
a month ago and it was running and starting about 2 weeks ago. Anyone that
can give me ideas on what to take appart first to check before I really screw it up?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
That part that swing back and forth sometimes hangs up. It has happened to me once on my drop side truck and twice on the 109. If this is the only time, I wouldn't worry about it. If it happens often, you may want to pull the 2 screws that holds that rod in place out. Then take the assembly out. BE CARE FULL, there is a tiny bar or pin that can and will fall out. Once it is out polish that rod that swings back and forth. It isn't fun, but thats what needs to happen. Wish I had the parts to take pics and show you.

littlebob

That part that swing back and forth sometimes hangs up. It has happened to me once on my drop side truck and twice on the 109. If this is the only time, I wouldn't worry about it. If it happens often, you may want to pull the 2 screws that holds that rod in place out. Then take the assembly out. BE CARE FULL, there is a tiny bar or pin that can and will fall out. Once it is out polish that rod that swings back and forth. It isn't fun, but thats what needs to happen. Wish I had the parts to take pics and show you.
Thanks, I had it happen one time before, but it just took a light push of the finger to let it pop back into place that time. This time it took a lot more effort.
I'll have to do more research into polishing it.

mhassett

Mine did the same thing also.
I pulled the cover, unscrewed the holding nut, set the shaft in a vice, and sprayed WD-40 on the shaft while working the shaft back and forth.
Eventually I freed the shaft and the shutdown works fine.
Mine was stuck tight by the way.

littlebob

The part that slides in and out of the cover is moving freely, but the arm
that it engages is not moving freely. I thought it just sprung forward on its own and now it takes a good deal of pressure to push it all the way. I think Gimpyrob is giving me the solution, I'm just scared of loosing little pieces.

Attachments

Last edited:

littlebob

Turns out I have that piece if you want it.
Thanks gimpyrobb. I took more apart and cleaned. still not sure I have it right.
Do I need to bleed anything after I put it back together? It took a little wiggling to get it flush and it doesn't seem to go as far forward as I remember.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks