• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel density compensator

jzettek

hi my name is jim and i was wondering if anyone out there could tell me what are the reasons or benefits to bypassing the fuel density compensator on a multi fuel engine.

fpchief

They will sometimes allow fuel to enter the crankcase, I think that may be the biggest reason to bypass. When bypassed, you will see a definite difference in fuel delivery. EGT gauge is recommended if you bypass. One of mine is bypassed, one isn't.

fpchief

Do yourself a big favor and search here and also YouTube. You should find alot of videos of them and past discussions.

jzettek

They will sometimes allow fuel to enter the crankcase, I think that may be the biggest reason to bypass. When bypassed, you will see a definite difference in fuel delivery. EGT gauge is recommended if you bypass. One of mine is bypassed, one isn't.
thanks for the advise i will definitely get a EGT gauge installed thanks