• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Drum Adapter questions...

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Get some more coffee, Kenny!:-D (or Mt Dew)

Has anyone looked at the TM? It probably shows the hose set up....

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah DH, TM 5-6115-585-24P figure 17 shows the auxiliary fuel hose assembly. No length listed, but the fittings are the removable screw-on type fittings as I suspected. And the hose itself is most definitely hydraulic hose with a fiber outer braid (MIL-H-8794-5). Attached is a PDF I found about the hose, page 11 has a table on it that lists the construction and pressure ratings of the hose.

Attachments

Nonotagain

Get some more coffee, Kenny!:-D (or Mt Dew)

Has anyone looked at the TM? It probably shows the hose set up....
I got three or four sections of this hose when I purchased my laundry unit. It feed the water heater and the dryer unit with fuel.

A couple of my hoses appear to have been replaced as one uses an automotive hose clamp to secure the fitting to the hose.

My last Mep-003a came with the drum adaptor, two sections of metal tubing, the stainless steel exhaust tubing extensions, as well as a grounding rod kit.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah DH, TM 5-6115-585-24P figure 17 shows the auxiliary fuel hose assembly. No length listed, but the fittings are the removable screw-on type fittings as I suspected. And the hose itself is most definitely hydraulic hose with a fiber outer braid (MIL-H-8794-5). Attached is a PDF I found about the hose, page 11 has a table on it that lists the construction and pressure ratings of the hose.
I measured the length of hose on my adapter assembly and it measures slightly over 25 feet in length. There is a metal tag on the hose that is difficult to read from the photo below, but the text is as follows:

DCU LOT5-13-4
894B90071-05-2992
69-668
A-310 82 PT
OPER 3000 PSI
CURE DATE 3082

I don't think mine has ever been used.

Attachments

FormerNewMVGuy

I have an NOS set up and the hose is 12 feet long, If any of you guys would like pics, just say so and i will dig it out and snap a couple for ya...

coyotegray

I got three or four sections of this hose when I purchased my laundry unit. It feed the water heater and the dryer unit with fuel.

A couple of my hoses appear to have been replaced as one uses an automotive hose clamp to secure the fitting to the hose.

My last Mep-003a came with the drum adaptor, two sections of metal tubing, the stainless steel exhaust tubing extensions, as well as a grounding rod kit.
"stainless steel exhaust tubing extensions"

What is that? Pics?

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did the same thing when I mounted my MEP-003a on a stripped lube/servicing trailer. I snagged some 1 1/4" (the exhaust pipes are 1 1/4" NPT) stainless braided hoses from work, and ran them down under the trailer deck. Supposedly the laundry trailers have reportedly had up to 12 feet of extensions on them when recovered by members, so the 3 feet I added on is nothing to the generator.

Attachments

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did the same thing when I mounted my MEP-003a on a stripped lube/servicing trailer. I snagged some 1 1/4" (the exhaust pipes are 1 1/4" NPT) stainless braided hoses from work, and ran them down under the trailer deck. Supposedly the laundry trailers have reportedly had up to 12 feet of extensions on them when recovered by members, so the 3 feet I added on is nothing to the generator.
That looks like a very nice setup. I plan to do something similar. I was going to neck up to larger flex, such as 2-inch, to minimize the potential backpressure problem, but now it sounds like this isn't much of a concern. From the fourth photo it looks like you might be cooking your tire with the exhaust. I'm sure this is an optical illusion.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is an optical illusion, that pipe is well over 10 inches away from the tire, and I ended up putting another 45 on it just to be safe.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it's the same "optical illusion" that makes me look short and fat, in pictures!

Polycop

After reading the numerous posts here I went to the local 'hose' store and found that 5/8" suction hose rated for diesel was $5 a foot and regular hose rated for diesel was $2 a foot. In addition the fittings I needed for the ends were $15 a piece. Ummm, I'll pass....

Needless to say I just ordered the proper hose from Delks for $30 plus shipping. No muss way less fuss....

Grove

New style gravity feed adapters for Plastic fuel cans..
They have a 1/4 fip fitting on the isnide you can attached a pickup tube to..
I used fuel line with a fitting on the bottom for a weight..

You can get these on ebay.
Where can I get the quick connect fitting? I have those adapters for my MFC's but I want to be able to connect to mutiple generators.

Grove