• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel dumping out of my air filter box

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To me it looks like the fuel return line (the metal line at the top with the Tee) was indeed accidentially connected to the vent system (the shiny black thin tube at the bottom). Thus the returning fuel is pumped not only into the air filter, but also into diffs, transmission, transfer, PS pump, etc.. This is bad.

After connecting the fuel return correctly, you´ll need to change all fluids in things connected to the vent system.
I agree the line in the top is of the picture is coming from the IP and that rubber line should be going to the fuel pump, looks like a total drain and refill on all the fluids after getting it straight. The rubber line that is on the pump now should go to the Lower Tee.
BTW why would anyone paint a Detroit Chevy orange?
At least it is an easy fix unless there is damage to the hubs, or diffs

Last edited:

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Doesn't look right. Isn't right !

Fuel pump line goes to a TEE next to frame. it will have two small plastic lines. One to front diff. other up to air intake.

5/16 ? return line off of the return line manifold goes back to a steel line (near engine mount) that runs along frame to tank.

Very good chance that if NOT connected correctly above ... As it pushed fuel into all things having gear oil. Diff, Hubs, etc.

This needs attention IMO ASAP. Swap lines and say a prayer.

Orange is the new black, CAMO

See my post 11 in this thread.

Last edited:

teacherman

I appreciate all the input. Redid the lines today and drained all the fluids everywhere which had a smell of diesel to them. Will run couple hundred ,Iles and redo fluids again. Thank you all for the input. Next, on to raptor line the interior. Hee hee hee

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

teacherman

that’s a recipe for disaster…the fuel drain back line is is dumping directly into all your wet components instead of returning to the fuel tank. Cant say I’ve ever seen that in 30yrs.
You're telling me. At least i see why they never drove it after they did a motor swap. Between those swapped and the shutoff solenoid in incorrectly, they were afraid to move it on their property. So it just sat for the last 3 years. Basket case of a project but she getting there. Now to figure out why she wont shift pasr 2nd

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk