• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel efficient parking spots

Motorcar

The other day I went to go do my patriotic duty and participate in the election process by early voting here in Texas. I thought I would drive the most patriotic vehicle I have, my former military M35A2 down there. To my disdain what do I see right in front of the entrance of the new public library where the polls are set up? Parking for Prius, yes next to the big blue handicap spot is a "green" spot. Well my truck is green, sort of. Shouldn't the save the planet cars actually have to park way out in the south forty and reserve the close spots for us? Gas hogs shouldn't have to drive around the far reaches looking for a spot wasting the planet's precious resources, instead let the Chevy Volt bring an extension cord and park next to that last lamp post.

I parked, I voted, I took a picture, and I know where I will be parking for the general election in November.

Parking.jpg

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Better to just find a "green" car and park on top of it.

Saves space and recycles flammable liquids.

win-win

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
those last two parking pic are of people that do not want others drivers to park close to there car, I have aquired a great skill of parking as close as I can next to this kind of drivers, drivers door and not scratch the paint. , most times I can squese into the space, inside the line

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
thank you didn't blow it up, need to edit my post

Last edited:

Happyland1410

I must say I don't condone taking multiple close in parking spots like the camaro picture but I'm one of those who actually takes care of my vehicles and never ever parks in a normal packed in single parking spot. I always find the most distant spot in a parking lot and take two spots or at least an oversized end spot. This has great health benefits. A longer walk and no chance of exploding blood pressure from someone giving me a door ding. It also ensures the well being of others who would otherwise park too close. I have been driving my 1986 Mustang GT since I bought it new and it has zero door dings.

At least with my deuce I don't have to worry about door dings or waxing it :mrgreen:

turbovr6jetta

Depends on your definition of low emitting/fuel efficient vehicles, doesn't it? What a crock![ /FONT]

Exactly what I was thinking. Its like a PZEV (partial zero emmisions vehicle) how the &%#@ is anything partial zero? And why is a SULEV ( super ultra low emmisions vehicle) better. Partial zero isnt as good as super ultra low. Who comes up with these names? Super ultra low? Really? Dont even get me started on the negative effects the prius has on the enviroment.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks